Friday, April 10, 2009

Quilted myself

I am thrilled to have a new sewing machine that can do free-motion quilting. Even better, I loved the process. I finished a quilt just for me this time, again with Soiree fabric from Lila Tueller (from Moda). This pattern is from Anka's Treasures. I heart Heather Mulder Peterson! I think I have used more of her patterns than anyone. The pattern I used is called Keyholes, from On a Roll Again. I made it sans border and using bias binding, a first for me. It is quilted with white thread (but don't look too close at the stitches!)



2 comments:

Steph said...

Look at you go, Alyson! I love all of the stuff you have been working on - I also am a BIG fan of the PB quilt with the circles ... !!

Leslie said...

I linked to your site from the Blogger Quilt Festival and have enjoyed looking at your quilts. Will you please tell me what kind of machine you use for your free-motion quilting? I want to get into machine quilting and my current machine just isn't going to cut it! Thanks!