Monday, September 28, 2009

Fall color inside...

Fall blew through Minneapolis yesterday, during the very entertaining Vikings game. Our streak of warm weather ended and a wonderfully cool breeze {OK, very strong wind} filtered through the whole house. I am embracing my pumpkin lattes, sewing time and sweaters. They are a nice balance to staying home with sick kids and my long to do list.
New fall pillows are on my couch and made from my fabric stash {yeah!}. I love the Martha Negley fabric {Crabapples}, I think I might need more... I'm not sure what this brown is, I've had it a while.

I found this hand painted wood block the other day, it is so pretty in person!

The Christmas quilt I was working on isn't turning out the way I had hoped. The blocks are just too country, too rustic so I ordered more fabric and now I am pulling out the tan and adding more red and green. I think that will do the trick. More photos on that later. I have also been experimenting with wonky log cabin squares. Quilt Dad has some great tutorials over at his quilt along. This fabric is Wildwood by Erin Morris for Free Spirit.
The old Amy Butler quilt came out of the closet, just in time to cuddle with a sick child (just a mild cold, with mild fever). This child will not take a nap today, as tired as he is!

This little one started dance class last Friday, she had a great time. After she thought about the stage show in a few months she told me she wasn't going to dance any longer. I think she will keep going to class...it will be an ongoing convo I'm sure!


Enjoy your fall day!

1 comment:

Bec said...

What cute pics of the kids! Sorry to hear M is sick-bet he missed going to school today! E looks so cute in her ballet outfit! I just heard this wkd that she started to go to classes! Good for her! Your pillows turned out great! Very nice! What a fun project!