Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I've been slackin...

With my trimming. Sometimes I try to correct blocks that are a little off by placing my seam a certain way, or being OK with corners that are close but not perfect. It hasn't gotten me in much trouble, surprisingly. Well, no more laziness. On the last quilt I did with this pattern I trimmed up the sides with extra fabric but didn't truly "square up" the blocks to make sure they were all exactly the same. The quilt turned out nice, but there are a few spots where the corners meet...anyway, this time I'm doing it right.I wasn't going to admit this but when I got that quilt back from the county fair there was a sweet little reminder on the back of my entry form to make sure my blocks were squared before I sewed them together! Sometimes fast isn't always the best.


No comments: