Tuesday, May 10, 2011

{Gerbera Love}

In celebration of Mother's Day I received some beautiful flowers.  I love gerbera daisies.  I took a few minutes yesterday with my 60mm macro lens and had some fun.  I am pretty happy with these photos although they are a little grainier than I would have liked.  My ISO was 400 and 800 since it was a little cloudy outside.  These were taken inside, by a window.













There is minimal processing on these.  A few RAW exposure tweaks and a little color boost on a pink one.  The black background was from the back of my laptop.   The white is a poster board.

My garden is finally coming to life!  Things are growing everywhere.  I might just have the last tulips to bloom here in Minneapolis but when they do, I'll post photos!

Linking with Sweet Shot Tuesday over HERE!!

6 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Ah, I shared a couple of shots of my gerbera daisy with Darcy today, too. I don't have a macro lens. It's on my list, though! Beautiful detail.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous - I love the detail!!

Lil Mama Stuart said...

came from m3b - I can almost feel how fuzzy it is! ;) Thanks for the details on the surroundings.

One Photo said...

All I want for Christmas.....is a macro lens :-) I so wish I had one. The first shot is perfect, so very detailed and clear.

kristina said...

AWESOME photos, gorgeous!!!

Betty Manousos said...

Exquisite photos!
love them all!

Great texture/colours/detail

You're so talented. i'm impressed!

visiting via Sweet Shot Tuesdays.

Have a great day!

Betty